At this level one lost attempt can cost you dearly ! last night one too much to top the second boulder and i missed the podium 😰 whatever reach the finals was already very satisfying and i enjoyed climbing in front of this big crowd ! the @adidasrockstars is one of the best climbing events in the world and one of my favorites for sure 😍 thank you adidas for taking care of the athletes, it makes all the difference !
• 10 months ago i started to practise the speed climbing route more regularly.
• 6 months ago we received the first speed climbing route in belgium.
• 1 month ago the @belgianclimbing team had a 2 days training camp with the polish specialist @tommymazur.
• i progress slowly but surely ! if i had been told that i would do a time around 10 seconds in innsbruck a year ago, i would not have believed it. so let's continue like this !
• video recorded during the qualifications of the world championships 2018. racing next to @ashimashiraishi. i made my pb (10"43) and the new female belgian record !
The bouldering semifinals didn't go as i expected... pity that i finished the world championships on a lower note. it had started so well ! that's what i'll keep: the positive. it was my biggest combined experience and now i know that #tokyo2020 is accessible. i will continue to train hard 👊
Speed climbing: goals completed ✅ after a first "nervous" run i took it more relaxed in the second and broke my personal best 😃i also made the new female belgian record: 10"43 ! thanks to @tommymazur for the methods and @moovia.be for helping me being coordinated 😂
First discipline of the world championships: lead climbing ✅
this part of the competition stops at the round of qualifications for me. nevertheless i climbed much better than at lead world cups i attended earlier this year and i was only at one movement from the semifinals 😱 the changes i did in my preparation paid off and i'm happy with that 😊 excited for the coming days !