Healthy vegan rhubarb crumble...
def a fav since being a child! i’ve adapted a traditional recipe containing flour, sugar and butter to one using oats, low sugar syrup and coconut making it #glutenfree#vegan and there’s even a boost of protein in there 😋💪🏼
i have a recipe up on my blog for an apple and berry one but as rhubarb is in season i thought i’d share this with you! the rhubarb was picked from my boyfriends parents garden, can’t beat cooking with food you’ve picked yourself. here’s the recipe...
ingredients: * 400g rhubarb * 1 tbsp cinnamon
* 20g coconut sugar
* 1 scoop of vegan protein powder (i used vanilla) * 10g desiccated coconut
* 35g ground almonds @whitworthsuk * 25ml of zero calorie fruit syrup @bulkpowders_uk * 200g porridge oats (if gluten free use gluten free oats)
1. cook the rhubarb with the sugar and cinnamon in a large pan, stirring occasionally – add a splash of water if they start to stick on the bottom. when just about tender and a bit saucy, tip into a large ovenproof dish
2. in another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and then mix in the fruit syrup. place the mixture on top
3. place in an oven for 25 minutes or until golden on the top and hot in the middle.
i served mine with @biotiful_dairy kefir yoghurt 👌🏼
happy humpday everyone 💖
Fitness update 💪🏼
i thought i’d do a little update on my training for those of you who are interested 😊
i’m so happy that after 8 months of physio i’ve finally been signed off and have all the all clear to deadlift again 🍑🔥 whooo! obv i’ll start light and build it back up but i don’t think i’ll go back to the 90kg+ deadlift i was doing. although it was frustrating not doing them at first it’s so important to take a break from things that could aggravate or cause injury!
i currently do 2 lower body workouts and 3 upper body workouts a week as well as callisthenics once a week. i was doing high volume but i’ve switched that in the last couple of weeks to lower volume and heavier weights. there’s examples of my recent workouts in my story highlights 💪🏼
let me know if you have any questions 😀
i’m wearing the @myproteinuk power set which i won through @maddygayton_fituk giveaway... love it! 🥰
happy friday everyone! •