We just posted a community update with woosung lee @gawi_bawi_bo who participated in our residency program in the autumn of 2014. based in seoul, korea, his painting and drawing practice draw upon memory, nostalgia and humor to create whimsical tapestries that can exist both within a gallery setting or unexpected urban settings. in 2017 he provided a wonderful illustration for a limited edition run of mugs to fund the scholarship program for art on the farm, our summer art program.
1. quizás, quizás, quizás, 11x11cm, paper on pen drawing, cartoon screen tone, 2017
2. fine good alright all okay, paper eyes on wooden rods, 2014
3. i miss you, 210x210cm, acrylic gouache on fabric, 2014
4. coming full circle to the same place, 210x210cm, acrylic gouache on fabric, 2015
5. visitors, 210x210cm, acrylic gouache on fabric, 2016
6. albatross, 155x292cm, acrylic gouache on fabric, 2016
7. temporary installation on alleys_seoul, 2015
8. installation at daegu art factory, 2016
We just posted our community update with photographer @ruth.connolly. please click through the link in our bio to read about what she’s been up to.
ruth participated in our residency how to flatten a mountain in 2017 when she made the fantastic body of work “each evening we see the sun set” pictured here. she made this work into an exquisite handmade book for the exhibition at rathfarnham castle and it was then subsequently published by photoireland foundation as part of their tlp editions series.