August is a brilliant time for blackberries; so grab the kids this summer, get outside, and start picking 🙂 top tip: search in hedgerows along sunny roads, at the edges of the woods, and in overgrown meadows to find blackberry bushes. always remember to ask permission before picking if the bushes are on private property. #blackberries#blackberrypicking#fruitpicking#familyfun#pickyourown#summerberries
This sangria special #recipe is great for sipping on long summer nights. plus, it’s completely alcohol free. take a look here:
300ml clear apple juice
600ml shloer red grape
5 ice cubes, per glass
1 orange, sliced
2 lime, sliced
2 apple, sliced
total time required: 5 mins
preparation time: 5 mins
1) pour the apple juice and lemonade into a large jug and stir until well mixed.
2) slowly add the shloer red grape and stir again.
3) add ice cubes and plenty of orange, lime and apple slices and serve in tall glasses.
Get your home s***k and span this summer with our big cleaning event in store and online. for your chance to win a £20 morrisons voucher, tell us which of these dirty windows the morrisons logo is hiding behind, using #cleaningwin1 competition ts and cs apply. see: po.st/cleaningwin1
When only the best will do… this #flowerfriday, treat someone special to the best morning breeze bouquet from flowerworld. bursting with bold white and cream blooms, this bright and breezy bouquet makes a delightful summer gift. use code summer10 for 10% off at checkout. #blooms#flowers#bouquet#flowerworld
For days out with a difference, try our food to order service. our hand-prepared platters, sandwiches and salads are a great time-saving solution for picnics with the kids this summer. prices start from £2.50 :)
Our baby event is now on in store and online with lots of offers to help you look after the little ones. for your chance to win a £20 morrisons voucher, tell us where the stork without a baby is hidden on the axis, using #babywin1 for competition ts and cs see: po.st/babywin1
School’s out… the kids will love making (and eating) these tasty fruit skewers with chocolate dip. take a look at the recipe here:
1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g dark chocolate
100ml double cream
total time required: 25 mins
preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 5 mins
other time: 30 mins of soaking
soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to stop them from burning on the barbecue.
1) carefully thread pieces of fruit onto the soaked skewers. make sure children firmly hold the pointed end of the skewer facing away from them and carefully push on the fruit.
2) get the kids to mix together the honey and cinnamon and brush it all over the fruit then make sure they stand back as you barbecue the skewers for 3-4 minutes, turning until golden and caramelised. cool before serving.
3) gently melt the chocolate with the double cream in a small pan on the hob. stir until combined. leave to cool slightly then serve as a dip with the skewers.
#flowerfriday is a great time to treat that special someone. this pretty vintage pastel bouquet from flowerworld, with delicate roses, germini, and phlox, is sure to add a touch of summer cheer to any room 🙂 use code summer10 for 10% off at checkout. #flowers#roses#germini#phlox#blooms#bouquet