Hey guys, i made a video clip from my last procreate time lapse in case you are curious about my process when i sketch people from reference (ref photo is from pinterest.. couldn’t figure out who the skater is, but if you know, comment her name!)👍🏼
✨i definitely still have a lot to learn and a lot i want to improve, but these are the steps that i generally currently follow when i do quick sketching:
1. block out the head and neck, indicate which direction they’re facing using contour lines
2. sketch in major line(s) of action to get the flow right. in this video you can see it was the tilt of the body and the angled leg that caught my attention the most.
3. determined the tilt of the rib cage and pelvis, and draw contour lines to help see how they’re oriented
4. block in the arms and legs- try to use long, sweeping lines that capture the movement of the limbs
5. rough in some details such as facial expression, hair, clothing etc. if you have time