Music creators: in 2019.. do - not - sign - for clout. i (strongly) advise taking a step back to really assess the entity or individual(s) you’re looking to enter business with. for starters.. no.. success by association is (not) a good enough sales pitch. in layman terms.. that offer translates to: “give me a portion of your publishing for some of this hand-me- down clout”. nah.. i can’t have my ig family going out like that on my watch🙅🏾♂️. below are a few questions to have answered before you ✍🏾:
1. is the roster too deep for your comfort?
2. is the feedback from those already associated with the company 👍🏾 or 👎🏾?
3. are they building success for those they represent or simply facilitating the success already established by the creator?
4. are they transparent about the legalities of the potential partnership?
5. are they accessible? (big one!)
6. are they selective with opportunities?
7. do they show concern for your wellbeing outside of business?
tag at least one fellow creator if you found this information helpful. your effort to do so may be the key to them making a more educated career decision in 2019. love my family! ❤️🤘🏾
Why do you make music??? i make music for the freedom it gives me, not just financially but more of the mind, music for me like it is for others is a release 🛸🚀
download beats - lwilliamsbeats.com (click link in bio)