The @nycmayor soffice announced it will also be suing a handful of fossil fuel firms for maliciously misleading the public in order to protect their profits. mayor bill de blasio @nycmayor wants them to help pay for the cost of making nyc safer and more resilient to the effects of climate change such as sea level rise, stronger hurricanes, and warmer summers.
saturday i graduated from princeton seminary and, oh, what a joyful day it was! i feel so ready and eager to begin the next chapter, especially because the first page begins with the walk for a fossil free world.
june 1-16 i am walking 260 miles from louisville to st louis for the pc(usa) general assembly where a vote to divest from fossil fuels will take place. please join me financially to help make our walk as accessible as possible to all who would like to participate! i would like to raise $500 by may 31 and every bit helps! link in my bio ❤️thank you ❤️ #climatejustice#earth#church
4 weeks ago
Trudeau’s recent announcement that the federal government will purchase the trans mountain pipeline for $4.5 billion (final costs are projected to be much higher) is nothing short of betrayal.
betrayal of his campaign promises to reduce canada’s carbon footprint, protect the environment and renew relations with first nations. trudeau’s pipeline purchase changes nothing for those opposed to the expansion - the fight against this reckless project continues to grow with each passing day.
Water connects us all. flint’s water crisis gained national news attention. the navajo nation’s water poisoning with uranium did not. in 2015, a graduate student found elevated levels of uranium in the wells along the river as well as in the p***c water source, sometime the local people had been suspecting for years. this water was used throughout the community, including schools. clean water is a right. do research. learn. magnify the voice of the people. hold leaders accountable. #intersecteco#intersectthemovement#communityforclimate
excited to be producing my #vr project on #climatechange w/ my incredible team at @artahack. part #scifi, part sociopolitical commentary, part #climateaction, “climate hax” will be a futuristic narrative about what can potentially happen if we don’t act now to save planet earth.
'what do you enjoy most about your work?' we asked, as she sorted through plastics with a gentle ease. she looked at her fellow waste pickers and a knowing smile broke across her face, "my friends of course," she answered. #wastepickersofindia
the #oilsands is 0.15% of global emissions. at least six other countries produce oil with higher emissions per barrel.
81.5% of the life cycle emissions from any barrel of oil is the same, and is created when the oil is used by the consumer, the remaining 18.5% is the created during production, shipping, refining etc.
let’s have an informed conversation.