i've decided to start the week by spreading the love. "true love is like little roses, sweet, fragrant in small doses." ana claudia antunes.
and what better way to start than with baked apple roses. really quick and easy to prepare you'll feel the love too.
have a great week. 😍😘 ingredients:
• 2 sheets thawed puff pastry
• 2 red apples
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tbsp plain flour, to dust the bench • 3 tbsp strawberry chia jam(search past post) or any other jam you like
• 2-3 tbsp juice from cooked beetroot (tin of beetroot)
• icing sugar to dust
1. prepare a microwaveable bowl half filled with water and lemon juice.
2. cut apples in half and remove the core. leave the peel. slice apples thinly. place sliced apples in the bowl that they won't go brown.
3. microwave apples in the bowl for 3-5 minutes, to make them softer and easy to roll. you can do same procedure on stove(choose appropriate bowl or pot). make sure you can bend apple slices without snapping. if not cook a little more.
4. strain apple slices. prepare another bowl and mix beetroot juice with apple slices.
5. unwrap puff pastry over floured bench. using rolling pin strech the dough into rectangular shape. cut the dough in 5cm wide strips.
6. in the middle of the each s***p spread thin layer of jam.
7. preheat oven to 180°c
8. arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one over another. make sure apple slices stick out above the dough.
9. roll up the dough into a scroll. seal the edge at the end, pressing with fingers. place roses in oiled muffin tray. if it's silicone one you don't need to oil.
10. bake for 30 minutes. after that you cover loosely with aluminum foil for another 10-15 minutes, to avoid burning the top.
11. sprinkle with icing sugar when cooled. enjoy!💖💖💖 #lena_melbourne_en#lena_melbourne_en_bakedgoods#berry#healthy#vegan#vegetarian#foodstylist#veganfood#whatveganseat#foodinspiration#beautifulcuisines#colourfulfood#freshlymade#melbournefoodblogger#foodgawker#prettyfood#plantbased#dairyfree#dessert#foodie#feedfeed#thebakefeed#foodstylingandphotography#foodpics#bestofvegan#veganshares
9 hours ago
How delicious and creamy does this smoothie bowl look?!
follow 👉@ihopcafe! follow 👉@ihopcafe!
i got the recipe for these from the @onehandedcooks cookbook.
i get fed up of making sandwiches every day and i'm sure isaiah must get fed up of eating them. he loves cheese & bacon and pizza scrolls so i started buying them to put in his lunchbox instead but when i found this recipe it was too simple to not give a go myself.
i am going to keep a couple out to eat straight away then put the rest in the freezer to eat over the next week or two.
Got my juices prepped for tomorrow, pumpkin cooked for lunch and stoked to get bananas for 16c/kg!!! following health coach’s advice to eat more colourful fruit and veggies! i think i’m all over it lol #liquiddiet#colourfulfood
Thanks to the crew @laceys_boxing_gym foe keeping me on track this year, i adore training with the crew every morning! of course it couldn't be done without one of my all time favorite humans @damo_surfs there to kick my bum in gear so if you have a fitness goal for 2019 my main tip would be to find something you love doing & find someone you love doing it with!
i'm off on holidays now to undo all this hard work but sure look... it's all in the name of fun 🙈
i have decided to allow myself one mcdonalds coffee on sunday. ☕️ and let me tell you, i have a bad addiction to their coffee. so this is really good for me.
it’s about balance, you can’t always give up everything it will drive you crazy 🙃
normally sunday is for schoolwork for me, but today was different. my little sister and i took the doggos to lumel studios to get their paws cast in glass... so cool 🐾
then she dragged me to tabata. guys i might not make it up the stairs tomorrow and shay might have to drag me up, i’m unbelievably sore! but a good sore 😉 i have always been nervous about classes because i don’t really like big groups like that, but it was tons of fun with my sis.
I had an idea for a raw food salad using zucchini instead of lettuce as a base. in addition, there are grape tomatoes, shaved carrot, and chopped cucumbers.
i whipped up a homemade dressing of vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon, agave, and a mess of seasonings and this is the result!