#charlemagne’s (almost) “eternal rest” in the #aachen#cathedral 🤔 🏛
✒for this text thanks to @acierno.carlo
it was charlemagne – charles the great – himself in 786 ad to lay the first stone of the building which became the #chapel of his imperial palace.
charles wanted aachen to be as magnificent as #rome. unfortunately, his palace has been lost over the centuries but the chapel – which was the biggest #dome north of the alps at that time – lets us imagine what he had in mind.
the chapel was built in #byzantine style and enriched with #mosaics and ancient columns coming from rome and ravenna. its plant also recalls many byzantine structures: for the early christians, the octagon symbolized the day of the resurrection. the chapel was consecrated in 804, during the magi celebration, by #pope leo iii.
over the centuries, other structures were added to the chapel, which became the most ancient german cathedral, where the emperors of the holy roman #empire were crowned from 963 to 1531.
charles the great died in 814 ad and he found his “almost” eternal rest in his chapel; in fact, three of his successors decided to open his tomb. the first one was otto iii and it is said he found charlemagne in an excellent state of preservation: he was sitting on his throne, wearing imperial clothes, with the #crown on his head and the scepter and the gospel in his hands. the second one was frederick i in 1165 because he decided to move his body to a marble #sarcophagus which was believed to have belonged to octavian augustus. in 1215 frederick ii moved charles’s body again to transfer it to a casket made of gold and silver; he also commissioned the construction of new structures in order to receive pilgrims.
what we can see today is the result of a reconstruction dating back to the 19th century, when the german empire was founded: many mosaics were commissioned to a workshop in venice, another city which had been heavily influenced by byzantine culture.
even though the passing of centuries has modified charlemagne’s original projects, a visit to the palatine chapel lets us imagine the magnificence of one of the most influential kings of european history.
Ayah dan bunda sedang galau mau mengajak anak periksa ke dokter gigi? simak yuk tips agar anak berani periksa gigi
1. ajak anak pada saat anda periksa gigi,jadi bukan hanya saat si anak sendiri yang mau periksa yaa
2. kenalkan pada suasana ruangan dokter gigi, suarasuara mesin dan peralatan yang digunakan dokter. anakjuga dapat melihat bagaimana anda tetap tenang saat dokter gigi merawat gigi anda.
3. tak kalah penting, memilih dokter gigi anak yang memahami dan mendapat pendidikan bagaimana membuat anak-anak nyaman saat ke dokter gigi. misalnya, menyediakan ruang tunggu berisi buku dan mainan. di tempat itu balita juga bisa diberikan
gambar tempel yang merupakan benda kesukaan anak.
4. pergilah ke dokter gigi saat anda dan anak samasama punya cukup waktu. jika anda buru-buru. karena harus segera kembali ke kantor, misalnya, kunjungan ke dokter gigi menjadi tidak menyenangkan. anak pun merasa tidak nyaman karenanya. kalau perlu,ajak ke k|inik gigi yang buka di hari minggu atau hari libur
5. seminggu atau dua minggu sebelum ke dokter gigi, anda dapat bermain peran bersama anak. bergantianlah bersamanya menjadi dokter-pasien. gunakan jari dan kaca untuk menghitung gigi si pasien. jangan lupa mencuci tangan sebelum dan sesudahnya. dengan cara ini diharapkan anak tahu dan terbiasa bagaimana dokter memeriksa giginya