“that ‘70s show” turned 20 today! 🎉
the beloved fox sitcom premiered on august 23, 1998. topher grace spoke of the anniversary on twitter. “hard to believe ‘70s’ show’ premiered 20 years ago today. few people can say they owe everything to one small group, but in my case it’s true. to quote the ‘78 point place high yearbook “what a long strange trip it’s been... in forman’s basement.” | 📷: @foxtv via #gettyimages | frederick m. brown | #gettyentertainment
this show was introduced to me by my mom (i wasn’t born yet, i’m barely turning 15 on sunday) and it brought us really close together, it’s a show i enjoy watching with my family mostly my mom. it’s a show i watch when i’m feeling down, happy, stressed, bored, and every other emotion. aside from the hilarious jokes, the family/friendship love and appreciation they all hold (in both the show & real life) makes this show even more worth loving, it’s my favorite part. i never get tired of watching or editing it (obviously). this show is a major reason for my happiness and i don’t know what i would do without it. if it were not for this show this account would not be what it is. that 70s show and this account are a major part of my life, and so are all of you. i personally consider plenty of you my friends, even the people i’ve had short convos with because every time i receive a dm from one of you it makes me smile because i love talking to people, even if i’m not the best at it. so this is really an appreciation post for both this show and all of you guys. i know i’ll love you all and this show for the rest of my life <3 happy 20 years to this amazing show, i am so glad that it was ever created. i consider this show, account and everyone i’ve known on here a part of my home. thank you so much 🤧💕💕
[ thank you for making this show what it is & what i love : @dannymasterson@lauraprepon@tophergrace@wilmervalderrama@aplusk , mila , kurtwood , debra , and the rest of the cast 💘 ]
[ my audio (on soundcloud) ]
It’s still friday in our hearts if only to put off the kavanaugh confirmation vote a little longer, so here’s your #fridayfive, b***s and co.
1) wildfang has opened their la doors! a woman owned and operated start-up out of portland, this home for tomboys and badass women specializes in making what’s been traditionally menswear accessible to women. go check out @wearewildfang’s new store in silver lake. then call susan collins (r-me) at (202) 224-2523 to let her know you oppose brett kavanaugh’s confirmation to the supreme court.
2) check out elizabeth cox’s @ted talk on imposter syndrome, the common feeling especially amongst women that our ideas and skills aren’t worthy of others’ attention. cox describes the psychology behind imposter syndrome, and what you can do to combat it. then call lisa murkowski (r-ak) at (202) 224-6665 to let her know you oppose brett kavanaugh’s confirmation to the supreme court.
3) the cake is playing at @geffenplayhouse until october 21st. written by @funstetter and directed by @jenniferchambers13, featuring @debrajorupp, carolyn rattery, and @shannonmlucio. then call jeff flake (r-az) at (202) 224-4521 to let him know you oppose brett kavanaugh’s confirmation to the supreme court.
4) @thebigquiet hits los angeles on october 14th. there’ll be two mass meditation sittings in the @lapubliclibrary’s rotunda. find tickets at the link in their bio. then call heidi heitkamp (d-nd) at (202) 224-2043 to let her know you oppose brett kavanaugh’s confirmation to the supreme court.
5) zak eyes, the woman-owned one stop shop for your eyes, has opened its doors on north fairfax. eyewear, exams, contacts, lab, education - you name it, @zak.eyes has it. then call joe manchin (d-wv) at (202) 224-3954 to let him know you oppose brett kavanaugh’s confirmation to the supreme court.