🍃family meal inspo🍃cauli fried rice w bacon & egg. you are all familiar with our obsession w cauliflower..... roasted cauli. cauli soup. cauli ‘steaks’. well, it continues! 😜
🍃cauli rice. tried it? how good is it? haven’t? what are you waiting for, girls?!? 🤷🏼♀️so easy. nutritious. and tasty. simply use blitzed cauli (stalks and florets) instead of rice. that’s it. we told you it was easy!! •
🍃not ready to substitute your whole dish of rice, for cauli? how about start with a half-half? however you want to throw yourself into it, you’ve got to give it a go! recipe for this fried ‘rice’ will be up on the website in the next few days. #plantbased#sshkitchen#sshealth
🧒🏼 salt & kids 👧🏻
did you know that the average australian child over the age of 1 consumes more than four times the amount of sodium that’s recommended?
most of this comes from pre-packaged and processed foods such as cereals, bread, wraps, crackers, processed meats and processed dairy such as cheese.
this doesn’t mean that you have to give up these foods in your family’s diet. it’s more about taking steps to be mindful of the salt content when choosing what foods you buy. .
take note of the sodium per 100g on nutrition labels, ideally foods that are under 400mg are considered a good choice, but under 200mg is ideal. anything over 400mg is something that should be consumed less regularly or in smaller portions. try to always opt for the ‘salt reduced’ or ‘no added salt’ options on foods if there is one.
if you swipe left you’ll see two products that i recommend that have a much lower salt content than other similar products. the rice crackers have only 120mg per 100g which is less than half what crackers usually have and the cheese has only 300mg per 100g, which again is around half the amount of other hard cheeses. always remember to compare between brands as well - the exact same cheese in different brands can have significant differences in their salt content.
⬅️make sure to swipe to see the process and final product. 🎁and read about the prize! .
🔪chop chop some onion and garlic. 🎉spiralize some zucchini. 🥫add in your favourite spices and oil free tomato sauce and eat like a queen or king!
this was enough for two people and i could have added some spinach or kale...if i had any! .
💥do you have a friend who needs to know how easy cooking can be?
tag them and they may win a 10 minute “ask me anything” session with shoshana, co-host of the plant trainers podcast!
we’ll choose a winner friday morning!
good luck! #instacontest#zoodles#spiralizer#propelledbyplants#trainingforlife#theplanttrainerspodcast
#breakthecycle#childhoodobesity what does it take for a once healthy child to start suffering from unhealthy body f*t and excess weight? understanding how children become overweight in the first place is an important step toward breaking the cycle. most cases of childhood obesity are caused by eating too much and exercising too little. children need enough food to support healthy growth and development. but when they take in more calories than they burn throughout the day, the result is weight gain.
causes of weight problems in children may include:
- busy families cooking at home less and eating out more.
- easy access to cheap, high-calorie fast food and junk food.
- bigger food portions, both in restaurants and at home.
- kids consuming huge amounts of sugar in sweetened drinks and hidden in an array of foods.
- kids spending less time actively playing outside, and more time watching tv, playing video games, and sitting at the computer.
- many schools eliminating or cutting back their physical education programs.
childhood obesity also takes an emotional toll. overweight children often have trouble keeping up with other kids and joining in sports and activities. other kids may tease and exclude them, leading to low self-esteem, negative body image, and even depression. but there’s plenty you can do to help your kids.
diagnosing weight problems and obesity in children as early as possible can reduce their risk of developing serious medical conditions as they get older. and by getting the whole family involved, you can break the cycle of weight problems and obesity, boost your children’s physical and mental health, and help them establish a healthy relationship with food that will last a lifetime. whatever your children’s weight, let them know that you love them and that all you want to do is help them be healthy and happy. #wecanhelpyouandyourfamilybreakthecycle! #giveusacall#helpguide#empowernutritiontt#eatmovemakeadifference#wecanhelp#healthy#healthyhabits#healthyfood#getmoving#beinvolved#familyhealth#familynutrition
1. i love a tipple, gin and tonic in particular ( fever tree all the way!) with fresh fruit to flavour. red wine. i always make sure that several nights of the week are alcohol free and i always just enjoy a drink as opposed to a binge.
2. this might be a shock, unless i’m detoxing i like to indulge in chocolate…dark only though and just 2 squares. if not its some peanut or almond butter mixed with a dash of molasses, some honey and dark cocoa powder – straight from the bowl!
3. i don’t always drink as much water as i know i should…it’s one area i need to work on, however i do increase y water intake with herbal teas.
4. i could do more exercise. my job can be quite sedentary, but i work out twice a week doing strengthening and weights, i move whenever i can, and i fit in some early morning youtube yoga a few times a week.
5. stress is an issue for me… but i practise what i preach, or i wouldn’t be able to keep so busy and so well! i have to remind myself to have no screen time and mindful time….i know my babies wont be babies for much longer and they are my motivation for downtime as well as time out with my amazing husband.
6. friday night is always pizza night! often, i don’t make it myself, but its always with salad and extra veggies on top!
The summer holidays... with kids... it was inevitable. we’d just hoped it wouldn’t be quite as early as this 🙈. we’re talking mcdonalds! whilst we don’t go often at all, we don’t shield the girls away from it either. life is all about balance, and we’re determined to bring them up with a positive attitude towards food. they already know about treats and healthy snacks, plus are fairly good at eating a range of healthy foods but they definitely enjoy the ‘good’ stuff in life too. we’re going to make sure they stay active this summer as another way to keep it balanced, and as for us? well we’ll be making packed lunches from now on, and we’ll just do the best we can to make the ‘healthiest’ decisions like we did here. it won’t be perfect, life never is, but it just has to be done. what are your plans to get through summer?
¿estás planeando el cumple de tu hijo? 🎈
~ kit c u m p l e a ñ o s ~
una alternativa de bolsita lista para entregar y que los niños se lleven una opción creativa & divertida para hacer en casa. nos invita además a dar menos o nada de golosinas y nos vamos a sorprender de lo que son capaces de crear!! 🎈🎁🎊 1 muñequito listo para pintar + 2 temperas + pincel + la bolsita con sticker “gracias x venir” + guía pasó a paso. todo listo! x10, x20, o los que necesites (podes aprovechar el festejo compartido del colegio o hacerlo entre primos) • www.olele.com.ar •
envíos a todo el pais 💌
#bolsitascumpleaños #souvenircumpleaños #noalaobesidadinfantil#alimentacionsaludable#familynutrition#waldorfeducation#montessori
Our kids adore this - all kids marketed yogurts r a no no in our house