One of my fav vegan friendly spots in @my.banff area of ab! ❤️ @nourishbistrobanff ! ~ 🌿 i am thankful to have shared this spot with my bunny food eating friend ☺️ #vegetariannoms ftw! • i personally recommend their cauliflower & mushroom pasta! 😍
A lovely evening @elatelounge - calgary's newest beauty bar & cafe serving up tasty french inspired bistro fare, complete with live jazz on fri & sat evenings. swipe for 📷 of:
1. a perfectly balanced and flavorful hanger steak tartare with farm fresh yolk & lemon chive oil - this was my favorite of the night
2. roasted maple fall squash veloute - this was part of the 3-course set dinner special for jazz night
3. fresh house made bread with house churned butter, which was delicious with the soup
4. pork belly and lentil ragu with confit chipollini onions and curried apple raisin chutney
5. sous vide rack of lamb with pomme puree, roasted carrots, pea & mint puree and a savory apple/apricot curry chutney - this was the entree for the 3-course set dinner special for jazz night
6. coq au vin - a confit cornish game hen with hearty root vegetables and fingerling potatoes in a light savory broth
7. a perfectly torched vanilla bean creme brulee to finish off the 3 course set dinner
8. a calorie-worthy decadent gateau au chocolat to end the night! 😍
9. @bridgebrewcrew bourbon blood orange ale - the unique beer selection at elate really impressed me. 🍻 #yyceats#yycfood#elatelounge#meetmeon17th#frenchfood#comfortfood#yycliving#yycnow#yyclounge#yycbuzz
"can you 'peak' this please?" you have to add the gravy, mushed peas and mashed potatoes to your pies at @peakedpies! we ordered the curry beef and peaked it. the pie filling had a good amount of spices and lots of ground beef. it was tasty, it was piping hot, and was great for the rainy fall weather this weekend.
Staying warm this weekend the only way i know how: digging into a comforting bowl of noodle soup! .
the black garlic tonkotsu ramen at @tokiwa_ramen is one of my go-to’s when i’m craving something classic. creamy broth, perfect noodles, and a touch of garlicky goodness. 🍜 #yegfood#yegramen
Sunday run day 🏃🏼♀️
it's been awhile since i last participated in a road race. summer was a bit of a write off running wise - so many things going on, smokey skies, too many hot days. but now that fall is upon us, i'm itching to get back into it on the regular 🍂
i signed up for the sidney seaside 8km road race at pretty much the last minute - just enough time to get in a 7.5 km training run the week before so i'd feel good going into the race. because hey, that's how i roll 😉
it was a cold, damp day morning, but once i got into my stride it was all good. the light rain stopped, and the ocean breeze was just enough to keep cool as we worked our way around the course 🌬️
it was great to cross the finish line feeling good, and a bonus that the announcer called out my first and last name correctly. oh yeah - and they had grilled cheese sandwiches for the racers once we finished. can't go wrong with that! 🧀
oh, and i've already signed up for my next event in 2 weeks. gotta keep that momentum going! 😀
I feel bad comparing everything i'm having here to the food in edmonton. if you watch my stories you'd know that i've been pretty disappointed by my foodie finds here in calgs recently. this poke is another disappointment which is sad because this place seems really popular. the burrito wasn't rolled very well so it was messy to eat. the scallops were cooked (not raw, but some of you might like this). i found that they put too much sauce so everything was super soggy - if i ever go back i would only ask for light drizzles. overall flavours were a little too salty for me and not as good as splash, so unfortunately this didn't satisfy cravings at all. boo.
the thing is that both cgy & edm have their pros and cons, but so far i find myself missing edm food because a lot of my favourites can't be replaced here. i need to keep trying i guess. the grass isn't greener on the other side as they say. moral of the story: don't look down on edm food! but aside from that, i've been loving calgary a lot! the things to do, the roads, the weather 👌 (its been chilly but no actual snow here yet! stay warm all my yeg friends😊) #yyceats#calgary#calgaryfood#yycnow#yycliving#dailyhiveyyc#poke#hawaiian#pokebowl