We make our batter using vegan-friendly ale (beer) and serve the meal with mushy peas. this is one of our favourites for sure!
2 large potatoes
400g tofu (including water)
1 large sheet of nori
salt and pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup plain flour
1 cup ale
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
olive oil for baking and frying
2 slices of lemon
1. preheat oven to 180°c.
2. wash potatoes and slice into chip shapes, then place on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. place baking tray in oven for 45 minutes.
4. next, remove tofu from packaging, drain and gently squeeze out as much water as possible. to press the tofu, cover it on both sides with a kitchen towel and place a weight on top, such as a can of beans.
5. meanwhile, prepare batter mix by combining 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic powder, flour, ale and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
6. cut tofu into 4 pieces and season each side with salt and pepper. next, line one side of each piece with a slice of nori. use scissors to cut the nori, if required.
7. heat roughly 1/4 cup of oil in a frying pan on a high temperature. wait until the oil is very hot before dipping each tofu slice into the batter, shaking gently to remove any excess mixture, and placing into the frying pan.
8. fry tofu on all 4 sides for 2-3 minutes.
9. serve half the chips with 2 slices of tofu and a couple slices of lemon.
we recommend serving with mushy peas!
Coolhoolic so delicious😍
double tap if you'd eat this😋
all credit to: @anak.kuliner
Vish / tofish and chips. far from the healthiest dinner i've made but an achievement in any case. recipe in comments. ⬇️ the boys loved it and gave it "1000 thumbs up!" 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻x100 i'm definitely craving some healthy, unprocessed raw goodness tomorrow though! 🌱
Homemade corn tortilla chips! here’s what you need: avocado oil, corn tortillas, and salt. directions: preheat oven to 350. then lightly brush the tortillas with oil and stack. cut the tortilla stack into 8 even triangles. lightly oil the baking sheets before laying tortillas. bake tortillas for 8-12min or until lightly brown and crispy. salt for taste. #tortillachips#homemadechips#healthychip#avacadooil#recipe#yum#delicious#cantstopeatting #🤤🤤🤤