Today is world down syndrome day! show your love and support for we're a lot more alike than different. 💙💛
"zane is loving his grabease utensils. they never get old. today he’s mix and matching the grey and green.... because, why not? a typical breakfast for him consists of either eggs or oatmeal with cut up prunes and another fruit of choice. today it’s grapefruit. he is such a good eater. recently he’s started keeping his drink and utensils on the table through feeding time. usually, they end up on the floor within the first 2-5 minutes. persistence equals success. go zane!!! he’s growing up and getting ready to be big brother status. he can show his sister how things are done." - @zanes__mom
8 hours ago
You guys, have you tried making chocolate dip from avocados? it’s fabulous 🤤it’s creamy and it’s chocolaty.
a lot of you mentioned that your kids don’t like avocados so i thought we would put a little spin on the traditional savoury flavour and go for sweet.
🥑1 very ripe avocado
🥑1/4 cup raw cacao powder
🥑2 tbsp coconut milk
🥑1/4 cup maple syrup
🥑1 tsp vanilla extract
blend in a blender until smooth. feel free to add more maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter dip.
🎉this is perfect for parties. replace that sugary fruit dip with this yummy chocolate avocado treat. totally guilt free!
New on the blog this week - easter nest bagels 🐣 these are perfect for a fun and healthy lunch over easter, why not get your kids to make their own too! recipe in my stories today and in the easter highlights in my profile 🐣
The youngest with her ploughman’s lunch she brought to school today. sausage my parents gifted us at christmas, bought from a place in new brunswick. she was most proud of the brenton crackers and the vlassic pickles. and when i picked her up at the end of the day told me her lunch was “omg delicious” and there was just one pickle slice left.
Puff pastry nacho bites! if you’re throwing a march madness party this weekend, these are a perfect appetizer for the kiddos (big and small)! .
- 17.3 oz. package of frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 lb. aussie grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 13.5 oz. (1 can) nacho cheese sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. milk
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. in a small bowl, combine the egg and milk. whisk until combined and set aside.
3. heat a large skillet to high heat. add the ground beef, taco seasoning, green pepper and scallion. break up the meat and cook on high heat until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. remove from heat and stir in the refried beans and nacho cheese sauce. stir until combined and allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
4. unfold the puff pastry sheets and lay them flat onto a cookie sheet. cut the dough into 9 even sized squares (2 cuts horizontal, 2 cuts vertical). .
5. lightly brush the dough squares with the egg wash. spoon about 1 tsp. of the meat mixture into the center of each puff pastry square (be careful not to overstuff).
6. fold one corner of the dough over to touch the other, forming a triangle. press the edges together with a fork to seal.
7. brush the triangle tops with the egg wash and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown. remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Hello friends! 🌼spring is here🌸 we actually still have a b**t load of snow but it’s melting super fast, thank goodness 😅 anyway, today we put together a super easy lunch. oven baked sweet potatoes with a little guacamole for dipping. here is how i make my guacamole.
🥑2 ripe avocados
🥑1/2 teaspoon sea salt
🥑1 tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
🥑2 tbsp of minced red onion
🥑2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
🥑a dash of freshly grated black pepper
for adult version add 👇🏻
🌶1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
mash avocado with a fork add lime juice, minced red onion, cilantro, salt and grated black pepper. mix everything together .
🙋♀️i scoop out a tablespoon of the guacamole for the baby without salt
Fresh coconut water and meat for the vacation win!!! 🌴🌴🌴 we’re away and the girls have had a mix of meals... some are freshly caught fish and veggies, others (many 😉) are pizza and grilled cheese 🍕 having these everyday though makes me feel like all is somewhat good in the land of popsicles, ice cream, pizza and more 🤷🏻♀️🍦🍭🌊🌞 #familyvaca
Super easy dinner tonight, an all-oven special 👌🏼 chicken hand pies made a while back and frozen, sweet potatoes and mushrooms.
calvin loves sweet potatoes and ate a bunch. he was okay with the chicken pie and had a little bit. he licked a mushroom and decided against it. can’t win em all 😆