must be 18+ to enter and a resident of the u.s. sweepstakes ends 10/27. prize valued at over $420. one winner will be contacted on 10/28/19 via instagram dm. good luck! for official rules visit: bit.ly/2oxreqx
11 hours ago
Primetime football and color rush football is back to the twin cities. #skol#areyouready
Angry lake superior 👌🏻 the waves were absolutely nuts yesterday. i’ve shot waves from this spot a bunch of times but yesterday was easily the craziest. this was the only picture that turned out from the whole day because the second i’d pull my camera out it was instantly drenched. always a blast shooting in these condition, even though you get soaked!
Fall is absolutely gourdeous 🍁🎃 __________________________________
we had a ton of fun last weekend at the apple orchard! i need to buy a new camera battery because mine doesn't hold a charge anymore, so 👎🏻. in other news, we're 8 days out from the end of the month, and only have 8 miles left to run! 💪🏻🏃🏼♀️ _______________________________
Drexel declaration coffee table designed by kipp stewart and stewart macdougall. beautiful walnut with 16 rosewood inlays in the center. details in the showcase section at midmodmen.com. shipping available in the lower 48 states.
A short history of the dallas stars, part 4, the 1990's.
mike modano: 2001-02 upper deck no. 218
after threatening to move the #minnesotanorthstars to california, the gund brothers were awarded an expansion team in san jose. a group that had previously tried to bring #hockey to the bay area purchased the #northstars from the gunds. former flames part-owner, norman green, joined the group and purchased a controlling 51% share. by october of 1990, green purchased the other 49% from howard baldwin and morris belzberg to become the sole owner.
the 1990's witnessed the rise of #mikemodano. arguably the greatest american player in #nhl history, #modano played two decades for the #northstars /stars franchise. he holds the american-born player records for goals (561), points (1,374), playoff points (146) and games (1,499). he also holds franchise records for regular season and postseason games, goals, assists and points.
in 1990-91, #minnesota made it back to the stanley cup finals. though they finished 4th in the norris division, they beat chicago, st louis and edmonton before losing to mario lemieux's penguins in six.
in 1991-92, the north stars underwent an ominous makeover. their classic logo was dropped in favor of "stars" printed in metallic gold over a green star and black became the primary color for their road jerseys. symbolically, the north had been excised.
after trying to move the stars to los angeles, the nhl - saving the spot for disney's mighty ducks - let norm green relocate to any city of his choosing. thus the #dallasstars debuted in 1993. attendance and lack of a new arena were cited as reasons, but when s****l harassment allegations arose, green's wife threatened to leave him if he didn't move the team. green's poor business acumen led to him selling the stars in '96.
in 1998-99, the stars won the first stanley cup in franchise history. game 6 was immortalized by brett hull scoring a controversial clinching goal with his foot in the crease.
notable names: jere lehtinen (26), sergei zubov, brian propp, dave gagner, derian hatcher, guy carbonneau, andy moog
Hi everyone! i’m launching my online print shop soon and when it’s live you’ll be able to purchase prints from my adventures near and far. until then, i’ll be posting my favorite photos from the shop and give you a little back story on how each one was captured.
click the link in my bio to sign-up and receive a $5 off coupon when the website is live! good things are coming your way!
this picture was taken in grand marais, mn on lake superior's shoreline. it was actually captured by mistake to be honest. as photographers we're so protective of our camera gear especially when water is involved. initially, i was trying my best to capture the sawtooth bluffs in the warm light of the sunset while also making sure to avoid the furious water splashing up at me. 😬
after taking the first couple of pictures i noticed that one of the images had a few water droplets that ended up on my lens and created this cool sparkle effect. i moved to different locations and tried other angles to enhance the effect. getting splashed with the freezing cold waters of lake superior was totally worth it! ✌🏾😆