Much more that just a healthy breakfast, oats actually gives me so much to be excited about as a skinfood formulator!
allow me to share with you my top 5 wholesome reasons why i love #oat as a skinfood formulator... i'm sure after reading you'd love it too
1. oat is naturally rich in antioxidant and its known to have 3 of my favorite skincare properties... cleansing, exfoliant, and moisturizing properties.
2. no matter your skin type everyone can benefit from the use of oat. even for the most sensitive skin, the anti- inflammatory properties in oat helps to soothes irritation and treat inflammations.
3. its many healing and soothing properties help with the treatment of skin blemish (eczema, rashes, acne etc.) 4. oat has natural exfoliant properties, when used overtime yields excellent results—including the removal of blackheads and dead cells, leading to a brighter complexion.
5. owing to the soothing, anti-oxidant, healing and moisturising properties, oat helps to soothe the sun-burnt skin & fight the appearance of premature aging
at omaness, we have captured the skin-loving benefits of this super food and incorporated it to our range of scrubs and body polish...so that your skin can reap all it's wholesome benefits! #shopnow .
By no means are all shea butter handcrafted equally
sometimes last month while shopping at a supermarket, i was drawn to a tub of sheabutter (brand name withheld) sitting pretty on the shelf. it was the beautiful label that attracted me... since it was a competing brand i decided to buy one to compare and take note of what we can do better... lo and behold as i got home and opened the sheabutter, i was taken aback by the not so pleasant smell (note: a well crafted shea butter should have a nice nutty smell)
2. as you can see from the picture, the shea butter has a yellowish ash color (note: a well crafted shea butter without any addictive should be creamy or biege in color)
3. when i took a finger scoop it felt stiff & didn't melt easily on contact with my skin (note: a well crafted shea butter should feel smooth to touch and melt instantly on contact with your skin)
4. here comes the last straw...since there was no need going further with the comparison (as it cldnt compare with omaness shea butter) i just left it on our factory shelf...2days ago when i opened it, lo and behold it had already gone rancid and mucor on it!
whew!!!! i've had enough
see, when shea butter isn't well crafted or comes in contact with water to prevent it from melting (all of you that buy shea butter from sellers that sprinkle water on it....) hmmmm, note that is a perfect breeding zone for bacteria ooo!
so do yourselves a favor and buy your skinfood from the best... don't go for cheap, go for premium
so choose ye this day who you would buy from
or brand o.y.o (on your own)
we go the extra mile to ensure that the local women artisans who handcraft our shea butter are paid premium wages to ensure they supply us with only the best.... #sheabutter#omaness#skinfood#productofnigeria#fairtrade#ethicalcompany#empoweringwomen#buynaija#naturalskincareng#wholesomeskincare#beautyng#lagosmums#naijamums#naijakids#africanbabyfood#brandtowatch
Many mothers are obsessed with having their babies & young kids have fair-skin. even though i personally don’t believe that complexion makes any difference, i know it'd be very pleasing to see your kid have a supple & healthy skin glow no matter their skin color.
so i have compiled some simple tips to help prevent your baby's skin from drying out & losing its natural glow.
1. it is crucial for your baby’s skin to be exposed to the right water temperature. bathing your baby with hot water all the time can affect the texture of their delicate skin, causing it to not only dry out but to also become darker.
i learnt this tip when i noticed #omanessbaby skin was drying out all the time
2. a tip i also learnt is to add drops of coconut oil to my baby's bath water atleast 3x a week. this helps to seal in the water that's still on her skin from the bath
3. to keep your baby's skin supple.. you need to moisturize effectively.
for the best results, apply a moisturizer 2x daily ( i recommend #coconutoil#sheabutter #oliveoil) this natural oil are considered more effective in helping your baby’s skin replenish the lost nutrients & makes the skin appear glowing & well nourished
after bath its best to also moisturize the skin when damp
4. do you also know that vit d is an essential nutrients good for promoting healthy skin in babies? and an excellent source of vit d is found in morning sun. even if ypu baby isn't suffering from jaundice, you can still reap the skin benefits of exposing your baby atleast 3x a week to sun rays early in morning so that it promotes vitamin d production naturally.
for best result...this should be done between 7am-9am before bath time
some studies have found that both children & adults with eczema are more likely to have low levels of vitamin d and they are more likely to get infections on their skin.
5. kids can also benefit from mild body scrubbing too..this would help exfoliate the dry skin surface and keep their skin looking smooth & boost radiance
recipe:-homemade scrub for toddlers:-, mix oat powder, rose water, and coconut oil. apply the paste softly to skin and rub it off gently. .
share your thoughts in the comment below
I just cldnt wait till tomorrow to share this testimony... so one of our #skinfoodlover just sent in a screenshot of her conversation with her cousin in uk... her cousin who she hasn't spoken to in months, just saw her dp and cldnt resist asking her the secret to her clear face
as a true skinfoodlover that she is na... nne started evangelizing the goodness of skinfood to her cousin.
i could even feel the excitement in her, when she sent me the screenshot saying "wow!!! from my cousin in the uk oh.see god!
haaa, this evening i'm not hear to sell market but to speak forth into someone's life what will happen as you begin to use omaness #camwoodsoapmask
1. jehovah omaness- the beautifier..will so beautify you & cause you to attract favor everywhere you... see ehn, people who are supposed to favor you & have hitherto ignored you, as they see your face whether physically or virtually they'd be attracted to call you for favor
2. what color correction makeup cannot do for you, omaness soap mask will correct
3. every form of skin blemish that needs healing will disappear
this too shall be your song
"people dey ask me say, na wetin dey make me fine, i just dey tell them say na omaness dey make me fine"
goodnight fam... lemme go and get some skinfood ready for tomorrow's dispatch. we are going to uk! .