Stuffed aubergine, roasties and salad 😋
1. get the tatties in to roast
2. slice the aubergine in half, scoop out the middle and fry the skins (not too thin) in oil
3. chop onions, mushrooms, garlic and parsley and add to the aubergine middle (chopped up).
4. once the skins are done put the veg mix on to fry and add salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg etc
5. make couscous on the dry side
6. when the chopped aubergine middles are cooked scoop the mixture into the skins and top with cous cous
7. put in the oven for another 20 mins til the roasties are done.
this is really nice covered in homemade tomato sauce but i couldn't be arsed.
"before photo" ~ each time i use nutmeg it tugs a bit at my heart. 💔 i am dutch, i am british, i am indonesian, i am of this beautiful earth. one love. so, as i mash my left-over yukon gold potatoes with vegan butter and bits of steamed broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and onions, i remember the delicious dutch "stamppot" of my youth, and as i sprinkle the fragrant nutmeg, i can't help but think of the upcoming 350 year "commemoration" of the 1667 treaty of breda through which the netherlands and england formally settled their bloody differences, and brought to an end the second anglo-dutch war. per the treaty, in exchange for official control of the island of run in the banda island group of beautiful indonesia, the dutch relinquished their claims to new amsterdam (now manhattan, ny) - the dutch thought this would secure their worldwide monopoly over the coveted spice, nutmeg. how unconscionable were the atrocities; how heartbreaking was the senseless loss of cherished life - of people caught in the midst of the far-reaching greed of the european spice trade in the "spice islands". may global healing continue; may we learn from our failings; may we be perfect channels for exquisite love and brilliant light. may the spice of life be sweeter today. peace on earth. 💚🌏🌎🌍❤️☮