This is definitely something that we need to give a try! @kirstenbridge.nz made dessert gyoza and stuffed them with banana & a mixture of pic’s peanut butter, @ceresorganics maple syrup & cacao powder. she then fried them in coconut oil and states "they were actually amazing!" we're sold 🤤
Toasted coconut lamingtons
with boysenberry jelly center – makes 8 lamingtons
135gm golden caster sugar
130gm high-grade flour
1 tsp vanilla paste
5 tbsp. boysenberry jelly for filling.
boysenberry jelly coating
250g icing sugar
3 tbsp. pics boysenberry jelly
1 ½ tbsp. water
250gm of toasted, shredded coconut on a large plate for coating
1. preheat your oven to 170°c. line a square, high sided tin with baking paper.
2. over a p*t of simmering water, heat the sugar and the eggs in a heatproof bowl until they are warmed through. while they are heating, melt the butter until the solids separate and you get a burnt butter aroma. set aside. return to your egg mix and using an electric beater, beat for 7 minutes on high speed until the egg mixture is pale, fluffy and thick then add the vanilla paste and beat again to incorporate.
3. sift a third of the flour into the egg mixture bowl and carefully fold through. repeat until all flour is well incorporated. pour in the melted butter and fold in.
4. transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly. bake for 25 minutes or until golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
5. allow to cool down on a wire rack then cut the sponge in half horizontally. spread the jelly over one sponge half on the cut side then place the other half on top to create a sandwich. cut into squares or oblongs.
6. to make the coating, combine all ingredients to give an icing-like texture. but not too thick as it will be hard to coat the sponge. use more water if need be.
7. dip each sponge into the mixture, rotating to evenly cover the whole piece. then roll it around in the coconut and set aside on a lined baking tray. repeat until all lamingtons have been dunked and coated.
best eaten on the same day.