Vegan herbed fluffy sweet potato dinner rolls ⠀
🍠🌱🍞 only 7 ingredients & 1 bowl 🙌🦄 recipe by the talented @veganricha⠀
shared via @glowingplants ✨🌿 save this video to try out or share with a friend 👯♀️⠀
full recipe 👇⠀
3/4 cup non dairy milk (warmed to just about warm to touch)⠀
2 tsp active yeast⠀
3/4 cup sweet potato puree (canned or boiled, steamed sweet potato that has been mashed/pureed well)⠀
2 tbsp oil (optional), see tips section for no oil⠀
3 cups of flour (divided - i use a mix of all purpose flour and whole wheat 2:1, allall purpose and all whole wheat will work as well), for gluten-free, see notes section⠀
3/4 to 1 tsp salt⠀
1 to 2 tbsp dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, chives or a combination, or 2 tbsp fresh herbs)⠀
oil (or vegan butter for brushing)⠀
mix the yeast and warmed non dairy milk and let sit for 5 mins⠀
add the sweet potato puree and 1/2 cup of flour and mix in, whisk until no lumps. cover and let sit for at least 30 mins.⠀
add oil, 2 cups of flour*, salt and herbs. lightly mix the salt and herbs into the flour before mixing into the wet. (start with 1.5 cups if your sweet potato puree/mash is less moist or if using more whole grain flours) ⠀
add flour 1/4 cup at a time and make a lightly sticky dough. if you you work it too much with your hands it will get stickier. you just want a cohesive lightly sticky state.⠀
cover and let rise until doubled in size, 45 mins or longer. (you can shape the dough into rolls after 15 mins of rising and freeze them to bake later. to bake, let the frozen rolls thaw and rise in a warm oven (about 3 hours). bake once they have risen to about double)⠀
divide the dough into 8 or 10 equal parts. shape into rolls, by rolling between your hands and pulling on the sides (see video). place in a greased/parchment lined stoneware pan or cast iron skillet.⠀
brush the tops with oil, then let rise for 20-25 mins until almost doubled. meanwhile preheat the oven to 385 degrees f (200 c).⠀
bake at 385 deg f for 21-22 min. remove from the oven and brush with vegan butter or oil and serve warm. enjoy 💛⠀
[#sponsored] cbd oil - do you know much about it?
i was super interested in cbd oil when i saw some of my favourite people speaking about it on this platform and sharing their experiences, but was also thinking "does it make you high?", "can you take too much?" and "how would it help me and my personal lifestyle?"
so i'm here to give you some info thanks to @bristolcbd ! 🙊🌿
• cbd oil does not make you high. it's derived from a strain of cannabis plant called h**p sativa. marijuana (which you've most likely heard of) is also part of the cannabis family, but has much higher levels of thc (the psychoactive compound, tetrahydrocannabinol). the h**p sativa plant however, which cbd oil comes from, has very low levels of thc, and cbd is not psychoactive or physically addictive.
• cbd stands for cannabidiol and is a compound. it can be made into oil, paste and more. it is different to cannabis oil !! cbd oil won't make you high, but cannabis oil will.
• cbd oil is sold legally in the uk as a food supplement when the thc content is below the eu legal threshold of 0.2%. check the law if you live elsewhere.
• cbd oil is often taken to top up people's cannabinoid levels and bring more balance to their endocannabinoid systems. this helps your body to maintain balance, supporting the immune system, brain, helps manage stress and more. i've personally found that it really helps with period pain and anxiety 🙌
• if you're taking other medication currently or are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using cbd oil. it's also not sold to children under 18, but it's suitable for pets! i've heard that a lot of people give it to their dogs when they're scared, like november 5th when there are constant fireworks 🌟
• check the @bristolcbd website for info on how much to take - in short, gradually increase it but start with just 2 drops twice a day 💛✨
if you'd like to give cbd oil a try, and i would genuinely recommend it, you can get 20% off using the code allycbd20 🎉😆
have you used cbd oil before? or have you thought about trying it?
let me know if you have any questions or share your own experiences below!
sending lots of love,
ally 🌛 x
// consistency// sure i’ve had some amazing results so far from adding in daily over 30 fruits, veg & berries but it’s all the things you don’t feel is why i never miss a day.
it is proven science that fruits & vegetables contain some of the most powerful disease fighting phytochemicals known to man 🌱
you don’t feel the flu you didn’t get... you don’t feel your immune system keeping cancer cells dormant.... you don’t feel all the polyphenols feeding your good gut bacteria which support your immune system... you don’t feel not getting disease until you have it🤦♀️ why do you think 100 years ago we didn’t have kids getting all these serious illnesses ?
it’s because we were eating more nitrient rich, chemical free fruits & vegetables & less processed food everyday. not once or twice, every single d**n day.
The reason i don’t like restaurants.. some can‘t even make a decent salad when you call in advance 😐 colleagues went for lunch at a brewery... well i am glad the staff at the restaurant didn’t pour beer over the salad.. haha.. so the salad has carrots, few cherry tomatoes, onions, parsley, thawed raw beans, raw mushrooms (although i just asked for lettuce, avocado and cucumbers) so i only picked tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and some purple onions! kinda hungry but will have some pine nuts which i brought with me! going to the ice sculpture exhibition with colleagues now and it’s supposed to be -6 degrees there ❄️