Martha stewart dinner recipes pesche con crema (peaches with cream)
pesche con crema (peaches with cream)
for a fanciful holiday dessert that's guaranteed to impress, try these beautiful but easy-to-make peach-shaped cakes from rosetta costantino's "my calabria" cookbook.
makes 24 "peaches"
for the pastry cream
2 cups whole milk
zest of 1 lemon, removed in large strips with a vegetable peeler
4 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
for the dough
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
grated zest of 1 lemon
for assembling peaches
1/2 cup light r*m or 6 tablespoons italian maraschino liqueur plus 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
red and yellow food coloring
1 cup sugar, or more as needed for coating
fresh peach leaves or decorative sugar or chocolate leaves
1. make the pastry cream: in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring milk and lemon zest to a simmer over medium heat. meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale yellow; add flour and whisk until well combined.
2. remove lemon zest from milk and discard; slowly whisk hot milk into egg mixture. return mixture to saucepan and place over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until cream thickens and begins to boil.
3. transfer pastry cream to a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap, pressing down on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. let cool completely.
4. make the dough: in a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. whisk eggs in another large bowl. add sugar and whisk to combine. whisk in milk, butter, and lemon zest until smooth. gradually add flour mixture, mixing with a fork, until dough is smooth and stiff. let dough rest for 5 minutes.
5. preheat oven to 350 degrees. line two baking sheets with nonstick baking mats; set aside.
(remaining inspirations in comments) @rosettacostantino@marthastewart
Lavora e viaggia e un programma per gli studenti universitari che vogliono trascorrere l'estate negli stati uniti lavorando 3 mesi e viaggiare 1 mese.benefici del programma:imparare e praticare la lingua inglese,emergerti nella cultura americana,guadagnare,vedere posti bellissimi.#studenti#universitàdimessina #universitàmediterranea #universitadicosenza#universitadicatania#reggiocalabria#cosenza #palermo#messina#catania