Please, ma’am, may i have a pancake? i have never had food in my entire life, but it sure does look tasty. 📷: @pippen.the.pup
19 hours ago
“dogs are wise. they crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.” -- agatha christie
barney is a young, friendly st. bernard boy who came to us with a slight limp in his leg, and an empty void in his heart. like so many others, barney was abandoned by his family for reasons we cannot and will never fully understand. he suffers from hip dysplasia, which is a deformity of the hip joint that occurs during an animal’s growth period, and is common in large breed dogs like st. bernards. thankfully, this beautiful boy found his way to resq, where we were able to provide him with just the care he needed! today, barney is done licking his wounds, and now longs to be whole once more -- all he needs is a loving new hooman or two to open their hearts and home to him, and give him the wonderful life he truly deserves!
barney is approximately 3 years old, is friendly and affectionate, and enjoys human company. if you'd like to be the one to make his heart whole again, please fill in our adoption form now, and our team will contact you soon! dm us for the link. .
Happy birthday to beautiful emma! she shared her 1.2 pounds of sirloin #birthdaysteak with her @spottedangels cohort rocky 👅🥩
emma was adopted from @pawsofaustin great dane rescue. consider adoption for your next great dane!
29 minutes ago
Wanted to thank everyone who came out yesterday! we had lots of fun! thank you @vetcbd@sierravetcbd for inviting us and hosting such a cool event! we can’t wait for the next one! happy holidays 🎁🎅🏻🎄#pawlidayextravaganza
This little girl has just been hit by a car and the driver didn’t stop 😔. the lady that saw it and took her in has no funds to take her to the vet and we have been asked to help. 🙏 she is south of granada. she cannot take her to the vet until tomorrow where she will have xrays and much needed pain relief. just now she is warm and safe and that’s all we can do for now. 💝 we have called her donatella, which means beautiful gift (thank you christina gardner for the suggestion from when we requested names for gaia). 🎁 we will need help with her veterinary bills as we have so much going on just now and november’s vet bill was 2500 euros. if you can spare a few euros please send to our paypal email@example.com (payable friends and family....)thank you so much for your support 🙏♥️
you know the story. i’ve told you all before. i’ve crushed some goals, i’m still working on others. but i can say that despite the craziness of my life lately, i’m incredibly happy, confident, and at peace.
not many women can say that about themselves. but why not?
should we waste our lives always wishing that we could do what that girl did? no!! i wasted so many years of my life looking at others journey, comparing my life to their highlight reel, and putting myself down and saying that it could never be me.
turns out it wasn’t true. i proved to myself i am more than my emotional eating, that my commitment to myself is way stronger than my self doubt that creeps in, but most of all that my body is worth every second & every dollar i spend on making it the best it can be.
i taught myself all of these things by using all of the resources i’ve been given & leaning on this tribe of women who have fought the same battles.
so now it’s your turn. stop buying your own bs, it’s just wasting your time and energy on quick fixes and excuses.
drop a 🔥 if you’re done making excuses and ready to dive into your goals! i promise you, you can do it. you won’t regret it.
i nominate @baxterthefuzzybully
1) i arrived at the pound on oct 26 2017. it took mom a week to get time off work to come get me. also she was sort of hoping someone else would because she thought it might be a compassionate palliative adoption. i sort of looked not so good. but yeah. eventually she did save me!
2) i like cats.
3) when i first got home i didn't want to eat. at all. and i was very very thin. my love of rotisserie chicken was discovered and to this day i get 2 a week. don't worry i eat other things too...but don't you dare try and give me food without toppers on it.
4) i go for 2 walks a day most days. sometimes i get a bit sore after running in the woods (my favourite!!!!!) and take a walk off...but generally i'm hitting the pavement rain or shine every day. it's one of my reasons for living.
5) which leads to one of my other passions. sniffing stuff. mom says i have taught her much patience...also jasper and bear. they all know i become a 23lb anchor.....an old man likes to savour the daily news you know!! 6) i am not a fan of summer. at all. i'm glad i live here.
7) i'm not a cuddly guy. i don't do laps and i really don't enjoy being picked up. i really do enjoys pats though...and i've started to enjoy the odd belly rub.
8) i'm not a big fan of car rides. i'm scared and shake the whole way going somewhere....but all smiles on the way home. going home is the best. i don't want to get left behind again!!! 9) i run the house. i saw that the pack was disorganized and needed a leader...so i elected myself! so far all is peaceful in lenny town.
10) tennis balls. all the tennis balls. as long as they are kong and they better squeak.
i'm not that exciting and mom is bad at this she told me!