H o s t e d
for those living in the east and northeast of singapore, you’ll be interested to know that the revamped century square mall in tampines has become quite the foodie’s paradise. there are even a few exciting brand new dining concepts worth checking out too. one of which is “two hana” launched by the seoul garden group. it is a smart blend of the trending modern korean pop culture and western cafe concept.
located on the ground level, next to the taxi stand, @twohanasg has a stylishly pretty interior that makes it look like it could appear in a korean series as a dating venue for the oppa and his bae.
the pocket-friendly cafe menu has a myriad of fusion flavours created by head chef jordin (@datbearchef ) who previously held the same post at joo bar. therefore, you can be assured the korean-western food and drinks here are executed well. most of the items are designed for sharing so i suggest going in a small group and ordering a selection. below are the items i liked most.
1. korean seafood ciopinno ($13+): inspired by the italian seafood broth, this creamier version brims with seafood and because of the two accompanying buns for dunking, is surprisingly filling too.
2. two hana drumlets of honey butter drumlets and yangnyeom drumlets (2pcs each for $9+): get this as it’s the best way to try both sweet (cute touch with popcorn) and spicy korean fried chicken at two hana.
3. striploin bap ($13+): looks compact but fills bellies effortlessly. i found the beef tender and tasty as well.
4. kimchi mac and cheese (5 pcs for $9+): very crunchy large cubes filled with a thick, creamy pasta and oozy cheese filling and bits of sour, spicy kimchi for oomph.
5. melona melon calpis float ($7+): this had me at “melona”, the popular korean melon flavoured popsicle. and also calpis. two things i love made into a drink? yes please.
thanks again @gastrosense and seoul garden group team for hosting me. #veronicaphuaeats#twohanasg#twohana#centurysquare#burpproved#burpple#burpplesg#foreverhungry#whati8today#koreanfusion#koreanwesternfood#fusionfood#sgfoodies#sgfood#foodie#foodspotting#foo