Vegan bacon from @mymeatlessmeals 🌱
"here's how you make these crispy, smokey treats: 💚
• 1/4 tsp ground sage
• 1/8 tsp onion powder • 1/8 tsp garlic powder • 1-2 tsp liquid smoke
• 2 tbs light soy sauce* if your light soy sauce doesn't have a hint of sweetness, add 1/4 tsp of coconut sugar for that umami flavour • 1 tbs water • 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tbs nutritional yeast
• whole wheat tortilla • avocado oil and cooking spray
1. whisk all the ingredients, apart from the tortilla and avocado oil, together in a small bowl.
2. cut tortilla into strips and brush the mixture on both sides.
3. spray some avocado oil on a nonstick pan, and put it on low heat. then, pan fry the strips just until each side crisps up. don't let them burn otherwise the flavors will get too intense and bitter. gradually add a teaspoon of avocado oil to prevent the strips from burning and help them sizzle. 😁 just be careful not to add too much.
4. rest the "bacon" strips on a cooling rack. if you want them to be crispy, allow them to cool completely, but if you prefer a softer and chewier texture, you can dig in after a while." #veganvideos#veganbacon