Yesterday i posted that i was having a health scare with bearbear. i can’t even begin to describe everyone’s overwhelming support and love from every direction. well over 200 messages 😢❤️, ugh thank you. over the past 3 years bearbear was having minor episodes that i couldn’t quite explain. out of the blue his head would tilt and he appeared uncoordinated and off balance, sometimes his legs would seize, than as fast it would come it would go. sometimes it wouldn’t happen again for a year or months and months. lately it has been having more frequently which is a huge scare for me. i got so much great information and i’ll (obviously) be doing everything required to make sure he is taken care of. we will continue doing what we do, bearbear is totally normal and fine right now 🙂. i think i’m a strong person until something like this comes up and i melt into an emotional puddle. who knew finding a little 4 week old puppy freezing to death was going to be my best friend in this world ❤️. thank you everyone that reached out with love and help. i don’t have time to reply to everything today, but i’ll be working on it ❤️❤️❤️. i appreciate it all so much.
. #mountainmike #hikewithmike #yegfitness#iamyegfit#yycfitness#yegfit#yegfitness#menoftheoutdoors #arcteryx #arcteryxwestedmonton #albertalife #alpinelife #cirquepeak #cirque
Initially i struggled to gain size in my arms until i learned that to see true gains you have to hit the same muscle group 2-3 times a week. this is especially important in your first 2 years of weightlifting. once i adopted that approach, i have seen much better gains 💪🏼
generally i stick to barbell and dumbbells but this preacher curl machine is one of few machines i utilize. along with dumbbell concentration curls, this hits the short head of your bicep which makes up the width or the thickness of your bicep. make sure to hold the contracted position for a second and really squeeze your biceps at the top of the lift 💪🏼
what are some of your favorite bicep exercises? 🤔
feel free to dm me for fitness or nutrition advice 🤙🏼
stay healthy, live positively. #zamsfootprints
This was last leg day until after the race next weekend. 😓
i don’t put much merit in the number on the scale, and i don’t take measurements. my usual gauge to start cutting a bit of weight is when my work pants start getting tight 😳👖 .
but...it’s been summer dress weather and a lot harder to gauge. i did really notice my thighs rubbing together more than usual though. 🙈
think i could start a friction fire? 🔥😂
maybe a mini cut is in order soon 😑
Hi, guys! 🙋🏻♀️ there are a few more faces around here these days, so i thought i would partake in some #fridayintroductions, which i’ve never actually done before!
1. although we live in calgary, i’m a born and raised canadian east-coaster and married one, too. my body pump participants are always the first to pick up on my accent, whenever i tell them to “pick up their barrrgh.” 🌊
2. we have three kids: thomas (5), audrey (3), and henry (12 months). thomas and audrey were born in australia, as we lived in brisbane for almost three years. i always wonder what kind of little accents they would have if we were still there!
3. i played varsity soccer in university, but haven’t played a team sport since. i was so burnt out after those four years, despite loving every minute of it at the time. i discovered @lesmillstribe group fitness classes, and in turn found a new passion and outlet for exercise. i did my first instructor (body attack) training in australia in 2014.
4. i ramble and talk too much whenever i am feeling awkward or nervous. social settings make me very uncomfortable if i don’t know anyone. on the contrary, i love public speaking and am not phased by it whatsoever.
5. i am a teacher (currently on maternity/parental leave). i do love it and have had so many wonderful experiences, not to mention been blessed with amazing staff, administration, and students over the years. if i could do it all over again though, i would take the risk and go into journalism as i had originally intended.
6. i love dressing up, but feel most like myself in a ponytail, tights, and runners.
thanks for following along and sharing in this little journey of mine. happy friday!!! 💕